Sunday, August 9, 2015

Brown Turkey Figs, Sweetened Mascarpone, Walnuts, Honey

 
 
Beautiful Sweet Figs
 
 I grew up with fig trees all around me. When I was a child, my grandfather and I would walk out to the back yard, and I would eat figs right off the tree.
Love them any way, but especially like this. Elegant.
 
Recipe
 
As many figs as you would like to serve
mascarpone or cream cheese, sweetened to taste with confectioners sugar or honey
sweet basil, sliced into chiffonade
toasted walnuts or pecans
your favorite honey
 
Slit the figs across the top and down to make an opening large enough to hold the cheese. Mix the cheese and sugar or honey. Pipe the cheese into the slit of the figs.
Add basil, and walnuts to the top of the cheese, drizzle with honey.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment