Sunday, January 22, 2017

ELLEN'S HOT BEEF BBQ POT ROAST


 
Beef cooked in onions and beef broth, sauce added after shredding. Cole slaw and squash puppies are happy on this plate.
 
See below for photo of bbq sandwich, with beef cooked in bbq sauce. 
 
My friend, Ellen Thompson lives in Greenville and we are always sharing recipes. I gave her one for a pot roast cooked with sauce that I received when attending a party up in the mountains of North Carolina. She was cooking it one night and thought there must be a better way than the long list of ingredients needed to make this roast taste good. There was a better way and she thought of it, cooked the roast, loved it, and sent me the recipe in 2014. I've been making her version ever since. I love it too, and it's so easy.
Yeah man!

 
This is my "go to" recipe when I want to make a quick beef barbecue.
 
4 lb chuck roast
2 onions, chopped
1 (10-ounce) can beef bullion or broth

Set oven at 350 degrees.

In a large Dutch oven, put onions down first, put roast over the onions, and then add ½ can Campbell’s, beef bouillon or broth if needed. Cover it and cook an hour and a half, then add the rest of broth. Pour in a middle size bottle of Sweet Baby’s Rays original barbecue or Sweet Baby Ray's Vidalia Onion Barbecue sauce. Use all of it. Cover and cook for another hour. *Cook a half hour longer with the lid off. *If you decide not to add the sauce until you've shredded the beef, keep it covered the last half hour. (That's how I prepared the cover photo above).
It cooks for 3 hours total. Let it cook and put in fridge overnight and take fat off. Reheat, shred and serve on buns or over rice.


 BBQ sauce cooked with the meat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment